(c) Em Fitzgerald / Geffrye Museum
Geffrye Young Producers is a voluntary opportunity for people aged 14 - 21. It offers the chance for young people to gain hands on experience of developing, marketing and delivering events at the museum. Everyone is welcome. No previous experience is required, all you need is enthusiasm!
As a Young Producer you could:
- Learn to plan events for different audiences
- Gain experience in marketing and promotion, including social media
- Meet and work with other young people
- Collaborate across the museum's different teams
- Explore and share stories from the museum
- Work with arts and heritage professionals
- Gain accreditation through Vinspire which can be used in portfolios and on CVs and UCAS forms. If you are working towards a Duke of Edinburgh award, taking part in Geffrye Young Producers can also count towards your volunteering hours.
What you need to know:
- We meet once every two weeks on a Tuesday evening between 5 - 7pm at the museum
- Each Young Producers project lasts 4 - 6 months with an event at the end. You can stay for one project or more!
- We repay travel expenses up to £12.70 and provide snacks and drinks
For more information or to join the Geffrye Young Producers please contact Becky Honeycombe: BHoneycombe@geffrye-museum.org.uk
Click the Young People’s Archive Pages to find out about other volunteering roles young people have been involved in.
You can also join our Young People’s Facebook page, receive email updates, or follow us on Twitter @GeffryeYouth to find out about all the latest volunteering opportunities for young people.