Handling session at the Geffrye Museum - photography Jayne Lloyd
The Geffrye is closed for a two-year development. During closure we are running events in the front gardens and tours of the restored almshouse.
Keep up to date with all the latest news and events - sign up to our regular e-news and follow us: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Christmas Events at the Geffrye
BPS Workshop - Make a Tactile Christmas Wreath
Sunday 16 December, 2pm - 4pm. Free event (subsidised)
A sensory version of the traditional Christmas wreath to invoke the festive season in your home. Our Head Gardener and experienced learning team will use handling and description to guide you through the making process. Mix fresh greenery with sumptuous textiles and festive scents to create a unique handcrafted decoration.
This workshop is for blind and partially sighted adults.
No experience needed, all materials provided.
To book contact Fran Riando at FRiando@geffrye-museum.org.uk or 020 7749 6041
Deaf-led BSL Workshop – Print Your Own Wrapping Paper and Christmas Cards
Tuesday 27 November, 7pm - 9pm. Free event (subsidised) Fully booked
This workshop is led in British Sign Language and is for Deaf and hard of hearing adults.
Please note that this workshop is now fully booked.
Handling sessions for Blind and Partially Sighted Visitors
These multi-sensory sessions provide an opportunity to explore aspects of the museum’s collections, gardens and themes in more detail.
For more information on future events please contact Fran Riando via e-mail FRiando@geffrye-museum.org.uk or telephone 020 7749 6041.
Handling sessions and craft workshops for groups of 6 or more people can be arranged separately through our Bookings Officer at a time convenient to your group, Tuesday - Fridays subject to availability.
Ways to enjoy the collections
- We run programmes for adults with additional needs. Please click here to find out more.
- We run a programme of Sign Interpreted talks. For details of our programme of sign interpreted tours, talks and workshops led by our Deaf tour guides please contact Rebecca Jacobs, Education Officer: Access and Audience Development: RJacobs@geffrye-museum.org.uk.
- A programme of talks, workshops and reminiscence sessions are run by Education staff for local community groups and older people's organisations. For more details please contact: RJacobs@geffrye-museum.org.uk
- We run workshops, talks and other events for adults throughout the year. Please click here to find out more.
- We run workshops, talks and other events for children and young people. Please click here to find out more.