Exciting news ... We are about to embark on a transformational £18m development project - Unlocking the Geffrye - which will mean the museum will close on 7 January 2018 and is scheduled to reopen in early 2020. To prepare for the museum's closure we will be running a reduced programme of sessions for schools during the 2017 autumn term and running an outreach programme from spring 2018.
Participant in a creative and media class and students during Tudor week at the Geffrye
Bring your class to the Geffrye to explore the wealth of historical and cultural influences which have affected urban middle-class living rooms and gardens for the past 400 years. Our small scale and direct approach make us very accessible for school groups of all types and sizes. We welcome children of all ages and abilities including those from special schools.
The Geffrye Museum charges for taught school sessions. If you have any questions about this please contact the Education Department on 020 7739 9893.
If you wish to book a session, please contact the bookings officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7739 9893. We are happy to discuss the learning needs of your children and work together to provide the best session for your class.
Find out about the full range of sessions for schools here.
- Primary: 10.00am - 11.20am, 11.40am - 1.00pm and 1.45pm - 3.00pm
- Secondary: 10.00am - 12.00noon or 1.00pm - 3.00pm
- SEN: 10.00am - 11.00am, 11.40am - 12.40pm or 1.45pm - 2.45pm
- Please note that we are only able to facilitate one class per time slot
- Different session times are sometimes available on request.
- Please note that the museum is closed on Mondays
Session costs: (all key stages including SEN)
- Reception – Key Stage 5 (up to 30 pupils) £70
- Bring 1 class for 2 consecutive sessions £120
- Some primary sessions require an inset.
- Insets are free and included in the price of the booked session
- If you do not attend, we shall charge a £20 administration fee
- Insets run from 4.30 - 5.15pm
- Teachers' notes and generic risk assessments will be provided. The Geffrye Museum’s Risk assessments can also be downloaded. However, teachers are responsible for carrying out their own risk assessment.
For a full list of our terms and conditions including payment for taught sessions and our cancellation policy please click here.