The Geffrye is now closed for a transformational development until Spring 2020. During closure we are running events in our front gardens and our restored almshouse tours.
To keep up to date with all the latest news and events - sign up to our regular e-news and follow us: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
The Geffrye is located in Shoreditch just minutes from the City of London. It is easily reached by public transport. The nearest stations are Hoxton and Old Street.
Front Garden opening hours
The museum's front gardens are open at the following times:
- Monday - Friday 7.30am - dusk
- Saturdays when the restored almshouse is open 10am - dusk
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays
- There are a limited number of parking bays for disabled visitors in front of the museum available for up to 3 hours between 10.00am - 4.00pm
- Hoxton Station, situated behind the museum on Geffrye Street, has step-free access throughout the station.
- There are bus stops directly outside the museum entrance for the 67, 149, 242, 243 and 394 buses.
- View map and directions.
- The front gardens are ramped and accessible for wheelchairs.
- Guide and Assistance dogs are welcome in the front gardens.
- Please note that due to the museum's listed building status, the Restored Historic Almshouse is not accessible for wheelchairs. However, you can view a virtual tour here.