The AGM of the Friends of the Geffrye is on 15 March when we hold elections to our committee. We are looking for people to join the committee to help plan and prepare for the exciting reopening of the museum. We need help with administration, finances, communications and small event organising. If you are interested in joining our small friendly team please contact info@FOTGM.org
Join us and enjoy ...
- Reduced ticket price for special exhibitions at the Geffrye
- An exciting programme of events and tours to lesser known museums, private collections, galleries, gardens and places of historical interest
- Talks at the museum by a wide range of speakers
- An invitation to the annual preview party to celebrate Christmas Past
- Seasonal discounts in the museum shop and café
- Free entry to the restored almshouse
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- Biannual newsletter
- Run events
- Recruit new Friends
- Fundraise for the museum
- Organise the Friends
More information about the organisation of the charity.
The Geffrye closed on 7 January 2018 for a transformational, two-year development.
Although the main museum building and period gardens are closed, there will still be plenty of reasons to come to the Geffrye. Throughout closure we will run a programme of events and activities in our front gardens. The restored almshouse will also be open for tours on certain dates throughout the year.
To keep up to date with all the latest news and events - sign up to our regular e-news and follow us: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.