Dig This! Gardening for Happiness and Well-Being has been developed by MA students from UCL Institute of Archaeology in collaboration with the Geffrye Museum. The project aims to promote the museum's Herb and Period Gardens as a place of healthier, more conscious living within the urban environment. By highlighting the Geffrye's gardens as an urban oasis, visitors are invited to explore the concept of well-being in the urban home garden and discover the influence and importance of gardens in our daily lives both in the past and today.
The project comprises:
- Primary source research on urban gardening over the past 400 years
- A garden-based Audio Trail accessible to visitors through their mobile phones on 020 8588 1285
- A programme of garden-themed events for all ages
- Visitor research into attracting visitors to the Geffrye Museum's Herb and Period Gardens
- Social media resources to support and promote the project, including a blog, and posts on the Geffrye Young People's Facebook page and Twitter
Listen to the podcasts: