We bring our handling collection to you
Our experienced facilitators will lead interactive sessions with your students. We use real and replica objects found in the home over the last 400 years.
We can offer sessions for nursery to year 6, exploring what home life was like in the past.
You can choose a selection of objects by time period or by theme.
- Time periods: Tudor and Stuart | Victorian and Edwardian | Mid-Century (1930s–1960s) | Modern (1960s–1990s)
- Themes through time: Eating and drinking | Heating and lighting | Communication and technology
Choose Museum in Residence
All your students can experience the museum when we set up home in your school for two or three days. We deliver whole-school topics or differentiate themes for different year groups.
Choose a one off session
We bring a selection of about 10 objects (by period or theme). Each session is for one class (up to 30 students) and we arrange timings/durations around your timetable.
Make an enquiry online
All our experienced museum facilitators hold a current DBS check (available on request).
For schools in Hackney, Tower Hamlets and Islington. For other boroughs please request a price.
Museum in Residence
- 2 day residency (up to 10 classes) £400
- 3 day residency (up to 14 classes) £500
- 1 session £120
- 2 sessions (repeated on the same day) £160
- 3 sessions (repeated on the same day) £200
How to book
Please complete our online enquiry form and we will be in touch to make a booking. If you'd like to talk to someone first please contact the Bookings Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7739 9893. Please have the following details ready:
- Your school name and contact details
- Number of classes and students
- Year group(s)
- Your preferred dates for our sessions
- The topic work you're wanting to link to
- Which theme/period
- Any additional needs of the group
For our terms and conditions including payment and cancellation policy
For our child protection policy and procedures
What will happen when the museum re-opens?
When we re-open we will offer curriculum-linked sessions for schools at the museum. And we’ll continue with our Museum in Residence offer.