History at KS1
Our late seventeenth century room is the perfect setting to find out about what happened after the Fire of London.
During this session pupils will:
- Explore home life and design before and after the Fire of London.
- Compare rooms and discover why houses were built differently.
- Find out about Samuel Pepys and his role as a key eyewitness to the Fire.
- Investigate replica carvings and household objects from the period.
- Experience using a quill pen and write a diary entry like Pepys.
For information about booking a visit with your class click here. Teachers booking this session may also be interested in Tudor Home Life.
View our Primary Schools programme here.
For additional Teachers' Resources, visit the Teachers' Zone.