The Geffrye is now closed for a two-year transformational development.
We’re investing £18m into the Geffrye to make it a better and more inspiring place for you. By unlocking the Geffrye you will be able to explore parts of the museum never seen by the public before and get much more from your visit. You will be able to:
- Enjoy 50% more space and two floors previously unseen by visitors
- Explore hidden treasures and stories of home from our collections and archives in the Home Gallery and Library
- Get creative in new and inspiring learning spaces
- Come into the museum direct from Hoxton Station – a new entrance opposite the station will lead into a spacious, central reception space with much improved visitor facilities
- Relax in our new cafe
- Enjoy our period gardens and herb garden all year round
Please help us to deliver this transformational project - you can donate at justgiving; by texting GEFF10 £5 to 70070, by calling 020 7749 6006, or by post to Development, The Geffrye Museum, 136 Kingsland Road, London, E2 8EA.
Although the main museum building and period gardens are now closed, there are still plenty of reasons to come to the Geffrye. Throughout closure we will run a programme of events and activities in our front gardens. The restored almshouse will also be open for tours on certain dates throughout the year. Keep in touch for all the latest news and events – sign up to e-news or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Read the full press release here. View the latest images here.
All images (c) Wright & Wright Architects Ltd