The Geffrye is now closed until Spring 2020 for our transformational development.
We’re investing £18m into the Geffrye to improve access and make it a more inspiring place for you. The Unlocking the Geffrye scheme will breathe new life into the museum’s 18th century, Grade 1 listed buildings by opening up and making much better use of spaces never seen by the public before.
When we re-open in spring 2020 you will be able to:
- Enjoy 50% more space and two floors previously unseen by visitors
- Explore hidden treasures and stories of home from our collections and archives in the Home Gallery and Library
- Get creative in new and inspiring learning spaces
- Come into the museum direct from Hoxton Station – a new entrance opposite the station will lead into a spacious, central reception space with much improved visitor facilities
- Relax in our new cafe
- Enjoy our period gardens and herb garden all year round
Please help us to deliver this exciting project - you can donate at justgiving; by texting GEFF10 £5 to 70070, by calling 020 7749 6006, or by post to Development, The Geffrye Museum, 136 Kingsland Road, London, E2 8EA.
Although the main museum and period gardens are closed we are running a programme of events in our front gardens and the restored almshouse is also open on certain dates throughout the year. Keep in touch for all the latest news – sign up to e-news or follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Read the full press release here. View the latest images here.
All images (c) Wright & Wright Architects Ltd