The Geffrye Museum
The Geffrye Museum became a fully independent charitable company, limited by guarantee, in April 1991. The Trust is supported financially by grant-aid from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, supplemented by earned income, donations and sponsorship.
The principal charitable purposes of the Trust are the advancement of education and other purposes beneficial to the community including the care of its collections, Grade 1 listed buildings and gardens.
Our vision is to be an internationally renowned museum about the home which enriches people’s lives and inspires an understanding of home and home life, both past and present.
Our mission is summarised in six key statements:
1. To provide a distinctive and memorable museum experience which inspires, informs and provides enjoyment to visitors of all ages and abilities.
2. To be a leading centre for the study of home by developing and enabling access to our rich collections and archives, collaborating in scholarly research and creating outstanding displays and exhibitions.
3. To engage and inspire diverse audiences with excellent learning and engagement opportunities that encourage discovery, spark imaginations and offer life-enhancing experiences.
4. To be at the heart of our communities and London’s cultural networks, and contribute to the creative, social and economic development of Hackney and East London.
5. To be a leader in the museum sector and actively champion the development and improvement of museums in London and beyond.
6. To ensure the museum is sustainably resourced and managed for the benefit of future generations.
The corporate plan contains information about our plans for the future, our past performance, our objectives and targets and our business plan to achieve these targets.
Corporate Plan 2016-17 to 2019-20
Annual Report and Audited Accounts
This document contains a review of the past year, the financial statements and auditor’s report.
Final Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2017.
Funding Agreement with DCMS
This agreement between the museum and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport sets out the Government’s core strategic objectives and shows how the museum’s own objectives will contribute to their achievement.
This document also identifies further key objectives to which the museum may be working, lays out targets against which achievement is to be measured and the level of government funding to be made available to the museum.
DCMS Management Agreement 2017
Trustees of the Geffrye Museum
The Geffrye Museum is a registered charity, number 803052, and a company limited by guarantee, number 2476642.
Samir Shah (Chairman)
John Forrester (co-opted)
Alexandra Morris Robson