The Geffrye welcomes volunteers to work alongside us at a wide range of events and activities at the museum. Here are some of the types of activity that volunteers help us with, although other roles do come up at different times:
- with children’s holiday activities
- manning our quiz desk which has over 60 quizzes for children aged 5-15
- at our busy summer family days and other family events
- with basic administration
- as a guide in the restored almshouse
- in the gardens
We offer a warm and friendly environment in which to learn new skills and offer training for all the above duties. You can view our Volunteer Handbook here, which outlines the way the Geffrye works with volunteers as well as the types of roles available. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please email Volunteering or fill out our online volunteering form.