The Geffrye's 1935 living room, 1780s almshouse and twentieth century wing
The museum's imposing Grade I listed buildings, evocative period rooms and attractive gardens provide an atmospheric setting for film and photography from small scale productions and fashion shoots to television dramas and feature films. Contact our Press Office for further information - 020 7739 9893 or email. Our rates are listed below. Please note that as we are a charity we are unable to offer discounted rates.
Conditions and Guidelines
Please note that the rates below may vary according to the scale/nature of the shoot.
- A minimum of seven days notice is required for appointments for filming and photography. It is strongly recommended that a site visit be made to discuss requirements with appropriate staff in advance.
- Access to the museum is between the hours of 9am and 5pm, unless otherwise agreed.
- On arrival, crews are to report to the Cremer Street gate. Crews should endeavour to arrive together rather than in separate groups.
- All filming and photography must be supervised by a curator at all times. Crew members may enter room sets only with the permission of a curator. No item in the collection or displays may be handled or moved except under the direct supervision of a member of the museum staff. Crew members may be asked for assistance in moving items if necessary.
- Seat furniture in the room sets is not to be sat on. Crews must provide their own seat furniture if required. Alternatively, the museum can provide replica seat furniture for the 1630, 1745 and 1870 period rooms. Museum stools may also be used.
- The feet of any tripods/lights need to be protected if used within any room display in order to protect the floor surfaces.
- If bringing a significant number of props with them, crews must allow sufficient time for the room set to be decanted on their arrival.
- Any costs arising from any damage caused by film crews or photographers or their equipment either to objects on display or the fabric of the museum will be met in full by the film or photographic firm responsible. Film crews will provide a letter stating such prior to arrival at the museum.
- All filming and photography must be credited Geffrye Museum, London (otherwise an additional charge may be levied).
- No food or drink is allowed in the galleries. The museum cannot provide refreshments or office facilities, such as use of museum telephones, photocopying or other equipment. There are two public telephones outside the main gates of the museum.
- The museum buildings are non-smoking areas.
- Please contact the Press Office on 020 7739 9893 for information on filming and photography in the museum's gardens.
Filming and Photography inside the Museum
- Mondays 9am – 5pm: £150 per hour
- Tuesday - Friday 8am-10am: £150 per hour
- Tuesday - Friday 5-7pm: £250 per hour
- Tuesday - Friday 7-9pm: £300 per hour
We are sorry but we are unable to offer discounted rates.
Filming and Photography in the Museum's gardens
- Rate: £100 per hour. Contact us for information on access and availability.
Please note that if filming is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, an administrative fee of £150 will be charged.
Capture your wedding memories with up to two hours of photography in our beautiful gardens.
Download our photography and filming guidelines
Download our application for wedding photography